Mar 2, 2009

First Post. Yeah blogging. Lets talk face contortion



Oh, the many faces of dating. Because of some men I am a self-proclaimed face contortionist. The guy I date currently is a hyperactive shaky bundle of neuron overload. Over the coarse of the time I've known him, he has inspired such poses that rival certain eclectic art only found in contemporary museums. Certain faces are typically only found on accident victims or those in special homes.

At first the faces were because the poor guy spilled coffee and wine more in my house than someone with Parkinson's on a drug holiday. (Here is a reenactment of a typical post-spill face) Because of this, the faces were in the form of fake smiles, gritted teeth and shock open-mouths made in conjunction with fighting back tears and scrubbing leather and carpet cleaner with no relief. I finally adjusted and actually started laughing when he spilled, especially when more of it got on his clothes than on my furniture.

(To the right is a picture of when we staged a mock reindeer slaug
hter in my Christmas card.)
Hopefully the faces will settle into lesser dramatics. However, I think as long as he is around my face contortions will be the envy of every big-mouthed girl in America!









No comments:

Post a Comment